My Personal Mission Statement...
I am at my best when I can work with others.
I will try to prevent times when I have no purpose.
I will enjoy my work by finding employment where I can build ideas and create relationships.
I will find enjoyment in my personal life through spending quality time with the people I care about.
I will find opportunities to use my natural talents and gifts such as my sharp analytical skills, my ability to make decisions.
I will use my ability to make almost anyone feel comfortable with me and my listening skills to help others.
I can do anything I set my mind to. I will build people. Not in a literal sense, but in a figurative sense. So many people have deep seated negative self-image which holds them back from being what they can be. I want to show people how great they are. I would love to write a book, host a radio show, write a blog, or even create video content on YouTube to support this endeavor.
My journey is a journey of self-discovery and learning. As a child, I was shy and insecure. I was fine watching other people live their lives while I just came along for the ride. At least I thought I was fine with it. Eventually, I had a feeling of frustration build inside me. I couldn't continue that way. Being shy and passive would get me nowhere. I then was given a quote from an anonymous source, "If not me, who? If not now, When?" This resonated with me. From that time on, I would ask those questions to myself every time I was faced with a decision or an opportunity and my life was changed. .
I will be a person who people to say "he made others better."
My most important future contribution to others will be to be a true friend to those who are important to me.
I will stop procrastinating and start working on:
- Giving compliments more often.
- Volunteering for a cause.
- Lending aid to those who need me.
I will strive to incorporate the following attributes into my life:
- Persistence and consistency.
- Whit and humor in the face of challenges.
- Asserting myself through influence and personality instead of by force.
I will constantly renew myself by focusing on the four dimensions of my life:
- I will be active. Play sports casually, swim occasionally, work out when possible.
- I will meditate regularly, pray often and read scriptures daily.
- I will read books and informational articles. I will synthesize knowledge in writing and art.
- I will maintain close personal friendships while not losing touch with looser acquaintances.